Re: USA Disaster

От Ryan Mahoney
Тема Re: USA Disaster
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I recommend checking out cnn.com, bbc, or even slashdot.  I don't know
anything more than you can read online.

 > Can you give us a brief of what really happened out there?
Two hi-jacked (sp?) planes were crashed into each of the two 110 story
World Trade Center buildings in downtown Manhattan.  Both building have
completely collapsed into themselves.  About 20,000 people where in the
buildings at the times of the two crashes.

 > How many people have died?
I don't think anyone knows for certain just yet.  It must have been very
difficult to evacuate those buildings, and there was no warning before the
first crash happened.  The number of casualties will be very high.

 > What is now the prevailing condition of the place?
They have been erased from the skyline.  It is surreal to look towards
Manhattan and not see them.

 > Had there been leads as to the motive of the attacks?
I don't think there is any consensus here.  There is some suspicion of
Palestinian terrorists.  I believe there was supposed to be a rally in
downtown Manhattan near city hall (today? or next week?), which would have
possibly been the largest group (150,000) of North American Jews gathered
in the US.

Personally I am not knowledgeable re: issues and tension that exists
between these groups.  Everything seems quiet now (there have been sirens
and airplanes through most of the day) - I think most of New York is in
complete shock.

-r
---