Re: anti Christian bias?

От Stefan Waidele jun.
Тема Re: anti Christian bias?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I might not be able to change the standard but:

How specific is BCE?
1973 Before the Current Era my birth year,
but _only_ under that very pro-christian
assumption that BC = BCE !

<original quote>
the last item in the Example column is January 8, 99 BC.
The corresponding Description item reads "Year 99 before the Common Era".
</original quote>

Now in case the era changes, what will the Postgres manual read?
The quote will be wrong, since 99 BC then means 99 year before the
preceding era.

This was my personal opinion. In my mega-sig, You will find (part of) my
personal belief.

Stefan

--
I now this sig is far too long.

Christ himself promised us a world with anti-christian attitude and
persecution of christians.
So we should not blame non-christians for moving further away from our
believes.

Ban of school prayers, change of era, shifting attitudes towards sex, ...
Don't blame the people. Times are changing, but Jesus told us they would,
2000 years ago.
They will change even further, he also told us that.

Why do we take our saviours birth year as a date-reference?
Not because I believe in Christ!
To be honest I do it, because it is convenient. Everybody does it, so why
shouldn't I?
And that is also the reason why Muslims, Jews and Hindi take _our_ saviours
year
as a reference, when talking to people from other cultures.

At 09:22 14.04.2001 -0500, Jan Wieck wrote:
>Bruce Momjian wrote:
>[...]
>     Is  it  allowed  to borrow the Cristian rules even if I don't
>     believe in God and don't pray?  Do they fall under  the  GPCL
>     (General  Public  Christian  License) or are they distributed
>     under a BSDish style license?

Martin Luther was the Bible's Richard Stallman.
He claimed the Bible back into the hands of the public.
Open Source vs. Closed Source

>What if I link myself to them -
>     does  all  I'm doing then become property of the pope or some
>     church?

When the Jews linked them against gods law-library (at run-time, on the run
from the Egyptians :-),
they became his, but in return he became theirs.
You have to decide if it is worth it.

>     I'm not able to find any applicable disclaimers in my copy of
>     the  Bible.

That is the good thing about god: No disclaimers
We live, he cares. That is it. He stands up to his word and does not sneak
out of his guaranties

>   A  quick  look  into  the  Koran didn't show up
>     anything either.

Don't know anything about those, but they are kind of mutually exclusive.
Mixing in this case does not do any good.
Like IE for Linux :-)

TO SUM IT UP:

No offense intended