Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
Дата
Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
Список pgsql-performance
On 07/05/2012 03:52 PM, Samuel Gendler wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 1:37 PM, Reza Taheri <rtaheri@vmware.com <mailto:rtaheri@vmware.com>> wrote:
>

>     I provided more config details in an earlier email.____
>
>     __ __
>

> I hate to disagree, but unless I didn't get a message sent to the list, you haven't provided any details about your
postgresqlconfig or otherwise adhered to the guidelines for starting a discussion of a performance problem around here.
I just searched my mailbox and no email from you has any such details.  Several people have asked for them, including
myself. You say you will give any details we want, but this is at least the 3rd or 4th request for such details and
theyhave not yet been forthcoming.

Reza, I went back and looked myself.  I see no specs on OS, or hardware.... unless you mean this:

> http://bit.ly/QeWXhE. This was run on a similar server, and the database size is close to ours.

You're running on windows then?  Server is 96Gig ram, 8 cores, (dell poweredge T610).
with two powervault MD1120 NAS's?

But then I assume you were not running on that, were you.  You were running vmware on it, probably?

-Andy

От: Samuel Gendler
Сообщение: Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance