Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance

От Reza Taheri
Тема Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Well, I keep failing to send an email with an attachment. Do I need a moderator's approval?

Yes, running on VMs and a lower bin processor. With the virtualization overhead, etc., I figure we would be running
rightaround 2/3 of the Dell throughput if we were running the same DBMS.

I sent the following message twice today with attachments (postgresql.conf, etc.), and it hasn't been posted yet. Here
itis without an attachment.

From: Reza Taheri
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 11:34 AM
To: 'Craig Ringer'
Cc: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org; Robert Haas
Subject: RE: [PERFORM] The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance

OK, some config details.
We are using:

*    Two blades of an HP BladeSystem c-Class c7000 with 2-socket Intel E5520 (Nehalem-EP) processors and 48GB of memory
perblade
o    8 cores, 16 threads per blade
o    48GB of RAM per blade
*    Storage was an EMC VNX5700 with 14 SSDs fronting 32 15K RPM drives
*    The Tier B database VM was alone on a blade with 16 vCPUs, 40GB of memory, 4 virtual drives with various RAID
levels
*    The driver and Tier A VMs were on the second blade
o    So we set PGHOST on the client system to point to the server
*    RHEL 6.1
*    PostgreSQL 8.4
*    unixODBC 2.3.2

We stuck with PGSQL 8.4 since it is the stock version shipped with RHEL 6. I am building a new, larger testbed, and
willswitch to PGSQL 9 with that.

Postgres.conf is attached.

Thanks,
Reza

Сообщение: Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance
Сообщение: Re: The need for clustered indexes to boost TPC-V performance