Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)
Дата
Ответ на Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> A less bizarre and considerably more future-proof restriction,
> IMO, would simply refuse any attempt to give ownership of a C
> function to a non-superuser.
We have C replication trigger functions where this would be a bad
thing.  They can't work properly as SECURITY INVOKER, and I see it
as a big step backwards in security to make the only other option
SECURITY DEFINER with a superuser as the owner.  It's not too hard
to come up with other use cases where you want to grant one class of
users rights to do something only through a certain function, not
directly.
So there is clearly a need to support ownership of functions,
including C functions, by users who are effectively at an
"intermediate" level of trust.  We could conceivably use the
database owner for that role, but that seem unnecessarily limiting.
-Kevin

От: Dusan Misic
Сообщение: Re: Possible error in psql or Postgres?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Restrict ALTER FUNCTION CALLED ON NULL INPUT (was Re: Not quite a security hole: CREATE LANGUAGE for non-superusers)