Re: Draft release notes complete

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 12-05-2012 10:27, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> How many names on a single item is ideal?  The activity of reviewers and
> their names on commit messages has greatly expanded the number of
> potential names per item.

Main authors only. Reviewers should be mentioned only in the commit log. If I
coded a feature and Bruce got the idea worked in another patch (that is better
then mine), I think only Bruce should be credited in release notes (but I
could be mentioned in the commit log as the feature designer). However, if I
posted a patch and Robert improved that patch using only 30% of my work, I
should be credited (as coauthor) because he used a considerable part of my work.

I confess that I like the link for relevant commit log in the release notes.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Latch-ifying the syslogger process
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Latch-ifying the syslogger process