Re: Draft release notes complete

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, May 12, 2012 at 09:11:49PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> On 12-05-2012 10:27, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > How many names on a single item is ideal?  The activity of reviewers and
> > their names on commit messages has greatly expanded the number of
> > potential names per item.
> >
> Main authors only. Reviewers should be mentioned only in the commit log. If I
> coded a feature and Bruce got the idea worked in another patch (that is better
> then mine), I think only Bruce should be credited in release notes (but I

The old-timers are howling at how funny it is that I would develop a
better patch than anyone!  LOL

> could be mentioned in the commit log as the feature designer). However, if I
> posted a patch and Robert improved that patch using only 30% of my work, I
> should be credited (as coauthor) because he used a considerable part of my work.
>
> I confess that I like the link for relevant commit log in the release notes.

I _do_ have the git hash information in the git logs, so it is trivial
to transfer that into the release notes, but be aware there are often
multiple commits per feature, and I am unclear how we would interface
those links into the SGML.

http://enterprisedb.com

Сообщение: Re: Credit in the release notes WAS: Draft release notes complete
Сообщение: Re: Credit in the release notes WAS: Draft release notes complete