Re: Draft release notes complete

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Draft release notes complete
Дата
Re: Draft release notes complete  (Euler Taveira <euler@timbira.com>)
Re: Draft release notes complete  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
In summary, names on release note items potentially have the following
beneficial effects:

*  Encouraging new developers/reviewers
*  Encouraging long-established developers
*  Showing appreciation to developers
*  Assisting future employment for developers
*  Helping developers get future funding
*  Assigning responsibility for features
*  Assigning blame for feature problems
*  Showing Postgres's increased developer base

Many of these goals has already been mentioned.  So the question is
which of these is important?  If we emphasize all of them, I am afraid
the name list for each item will be too long to be acceptable.

How many names on a single item is ideal?  The activity of reviewers and
their names on commit messages has greatly expanded the number of
potential names per item.

How much of a downside is having the names in the release notes?  For
example, we decided that company names shouldn't be on release note
items, so there is a case where we decided names were more of a negative
than a positive.  Are there other negatives?  Do other project release
notes have developer names?  How are these names perceived by our
general readers?

http://enterprisedb.com