Re: dev 1.15, wxw 2.9.3 - index column name truncated by 1 char

От Colin Beckingham
Тема Re: dev 1.15, wxw 2.9.3 - index column name truncated by 1 char
Дата
Список pgadmin-support

On 04/20/2012 07:58 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 13:15 +0200, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:

>>> I am confusing Constraints and Indexes again. The column name is still
>>> missing from _Constraints_, the name is present in _Indexes_ but
>>> truncated 1 char.
>>>

>> 'k. Actually, as far as I can tell, it also happens with wxWidgets 2.8.
>> It also happens on 1.14. I'm working on it.
>>

> Can you try the attached patch, please?

The patch works in that it fixes some indicated problems: in
constraints, the field name now appears under columns, and in indexes
the name of the indexed field is fully named.

Some issues which may remain:
1. in indexes, the other detail for a field, (sort type, treatment of
nulls etc), is indicated alongside the field name but in constraints
this detail is present in grey in the text but missing from the table
2. in both constraints and indexes, neither the add nor remove buttons
activate, neither do any of the field selector and other dropdowns, this
may of course be deliberate if they should not be changed in this
context, however say you want to change an index from indexing a single
field to indexing multiple fields, or change from asc to desc?
3. the new dialog box is not modal. I can go to the parent window and
change from one index or constraint to another, I think this could lead
to confusion since the child dialog does not change to suit the
selection in the parent.

--
---
Colin Beckingham