Re: dev 1.15, wxw 2.9.3 - index column name truncated by 1 char

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: dev 1.15, wxw 2.9.3 - index column name truncated by 1 char
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, 2012-04-20 at 10:25 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:

> On 04/20/2012 07:58 AM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> > Hi Colin,

> >> 'k. Actually, as far as I can tell, it also happens with wxWidgets 2.8.
> >> It also happens on 1.14. I'm working on it.
> >>

> > Can you try the attached patch, please?
>
> The patch works in that it fixes some indicated problems: in
> constraints, the field name now appears under columns, and in indexes
> the name of the indexed field is fully named.
>
> Some issues which may remain:
> 1. in indexes, the other detail for a field, (sort type, treatment of
> nulls etc), is indicated alongside the field name but in constraints
> this detail is present in grey in the text but missing from the table

So I looked into this this afternoon and I found many disappointing
things. Meaning there are still a few bugs to fix :-/ (for example don't
try to use a column name with space in it in an index...)

> 2. in both constraints and indexes, neither the add nor remove buttons
> activate, neither do any of the field selector and other dropdowns, this
> may of course be deliberate if they should not be changed in this
> context, however say you want to change an index from indexing a single
> field to indexing multiple fields, or change from asc to desc?

PostgreSQL doesn't allow that, so pgAdmin doesn't allow it either. You
can change an index's name, its tablespace, and storage parameters.
That's all.

> 3. the new dialog box is not modal. I can go to the parent window and
> change from one index or constraint to another, I think this could lead
> to confusion since the child dialog does not change to suit the
> selection in the parent.

If you mean the browser window, every properties dialog has this
behaviour. Nothing wrong here, AFAICT.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info