Re: Best practise for upgrade of 24GB+ database

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Best practise for upgrade of 24GB+ database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
francis picabia <fpicabia@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's great information.  9.0 is introducing streaming
> replication, so that is another option I'll look into.

We upgrade multi-TB databases in just a couple minutes using
pg_upgrade using the hard-link option.  That doesn't count
post-upgrade vacuum/analyze time, but depending on your usage you
might get away with analyzing a few tables before letting users in,
and doing the database-wide vacuum analyze while the database is in
use.

One of the other options might be better for you, but this one has
worked well for us.

-Kevin