Re: Unable to login with phppgadmin on a remote host

От Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
Тема Re: Unable to login with phppgadmin on a remote host
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On 18/08/2011 17:55, Tom Browder wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 08:48, Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais
> <ioguix@free.fr> wrote:
>> On 18/08/2011 15:37, Tom Browder wrote:

>> make sure you can connect to the "$conf['servers'][0]['defaultdb']"
>> using myuser:
>>
>>  psql -h 127.0.0.1 template1 myuser
>
> I can connect okay.
>
>> Then, it should work with the following line in your
>> "conf/config.inc.php" using user myuser:
>>
>>  $conf['servers'][0]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';
>
> And that works okay.

great !

>>> Is there a possibility my postgresql.conf file needs changing to get
>>> good logging?  I originally changed no defaults and my system
>>> postgresql start file puts all info into "server.log" in $PGDATA.
>>>
>>> This morning I changed one line in that conf file (and then did a reload):
>>>
>>> #logging_collector = off                # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog
>>> logging_collector = on          # Enable capturing of stderr and csvlog
>>
>> with
>>  * log_destination = 'stderr'
>>  * logging_collector = on
>
>> You will find your log file in the folder defined in "log_directory"
>> with name set in parameter "log_filename".
>
> I've set those explicitly now.
>
> And now all works!  I'm not sure which step worked but I think it was
> after I set
>
>>  $conf['servers'][0]['host'] = '127.0.0.1';

Yes, I think this is where you had a mistake. Your previous attempts
might have an error here somehow.

> and restarted Apache.

It shouldn't be necessary.

> Thanks, so much, Jehan-Guillaume, for your patience and your hand-holding.

You are welcome.

От: "Jehan-Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais"
Сообщение: Re: Unable to login with phppgadmin on a remote host
Сообщение: Suspicious Bill