Re: WAL and Checkpoints documentation

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: WAL and Checkpoints documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
jtkells@verizon.net wrote:
> Does anyone know of any good presentations/whitepapers that spell out WAL and check-pointing
> functionality other than the ADMIN guide

http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/chkp-bgw-83.htm is the
main free reference that tries to step outside of the documentation into
real-world tuning advice.  There are a few of my talks at
http://projects.2ndquadrant.it/talks that mention material around this
area too; "Inside the PostgreSQL Buffer Cache" and "The Write Stuff"
both overlap with checkpoint issues quite a bit.  Beyond that, my book
is the main extended commentary discussing this area available.