More Snow Leopard problems...

От Jerry LeVan
Тема More Snow Leopard problems...
Дата
Re: More Snow Leopard problems...  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
I have compiled a 32 bit ( CC="gcc -arch i386" ) version of
PG 8.4.0.

I am finding the following in the pg logfile when I stop then start
the postgresql server.

LOG:  received smart shutdown request
LOG:  shutting down
LOG:  database system is shut down
could not lookup DNS configuration info service: (ipc/send) invalid
destination port
LOG:  could not resolve "localhost": nodename nor servname provided,
or not known
LOG:  disabling statistics collector for lack of working socket
WARNING:  autovacuum not started because of misconfiguration
HINT:  Enable the "track_counts" option.
DNSServiceDiscoveryLookupServer(): {/SourceCache/mDNSResponder/
mDNSResponder-212.1/mDNSMacOSX/DNSServiceDiscovery.c:143}
bootstrap_look_up() failed: $10000003
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2009-09-06 10:05:29 EDT
LOG:  database system is ready to accept connections

There is some wonkiness going on...dblink cannot resolve computers by
name,
I have to specify the actual IP address.

I am running a local dns server for my local network (skynet) and all
of the other
networking aware software I have tried appears to be working ok.

Netstat shows postgresql is listening on port 5432 (tcp) and /
tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432 (Unix Domain)

Here is what nslookup says about "localhost"
bash-3.2# nslookup localhost
Server:        192.168.1.90
Address:    192.168.1.90#53

Name:    localhost.skynet
Address: 127.0.0.1

Anyone else have similar problems on Snow Leopard?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jerry

Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl with unix domain socket?
Сообщение: Re: pg_ctl with unix domain socket?