Re: [DOCS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: [DOCS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Il 04/04/11 18:37, Tom Lane ha scritto:
> AFAIK, the main stumbling block for that is that XML doesn't allow
> abbreviated close tags (ie,<foo>whatever</>).  Which is something that
> we are not likely to give up.  So I'm not sure of the point of changing
> something as trivial as entity declaration casing.  You're going to end
> up having to fork the documentation anyway, or at least feed it through
> an SGML to XML converter.  So why not fix the entity casing then?
We do it. However, given that the files that have been changed are
edited very rarely, the scope of the patch is limited and compatibility
with SGML is kept, I thought changing this at source level would be
something to propose and submit.

Ciao,
Gabriele

--
  Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
  gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Proposal: q-gram GIN and GiST indexes
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: trivial patch: show SIREAD pids in pg_locks