Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Excerpts from Gabriele Bartolini's message of lun abr 04 13:18:21 -0400 2011:
> Il 04/04/11 18:37, Tom Lane ha scritto:
> > AFAIK, the main stumbling block for that is that XML doesn't allow
> > abbreviated close tags (ie,<foo>whatever</>).  Which is something that
> > we are not likely to give up.  So I'm not sure of the point of changing
> > something as trivial as entity declaration casing.  You're going to end
> > up having to fork the documentation anyway, or at least feed it through
> > an SGML to XML converter.  So why not fix the entity casing then?
> We do it. However, given that the files that have been changed are
> edited very rarely, the scope of the patch is limited and compatibility
> with SGML is kept, I thought changing this at source level would be
> something to propose and submit.

Given the lack of objections, I have pushed this patch.  Thanks.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations