Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations  (Susanne Ebrecht <susanne@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-docs
Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it> writes:
> My intention was to start and change some simple documentation files in
> order to make our conversion process from SGML to XML smoother, while
> keeping the SGML compatibility of the original documentation intact.

AFAIK, the main stumbling block for that is that XML doesn't allow
abbreviated close tags (ie, <foo>whatever</>).  Which is something that
we are not likely to give up.  So I'm not sure of the point of changing
something as trivial as entity declaration casing.  You're going to end
up having to fork the documentation anyway, or at least feed it through
an SGML to XML converter.  So why not fix the entity casing then?

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Uppercase SGML entity declarations