Re: JDBC gripe list

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: JDBC gripe list
Дата
Re: JDBC gripe list  (Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Quartz <quartz12h@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "... the driver's behavior must be consistent with a particular
> DBMS, either always continuing to process commands or never
> continuing to > process commands.,,"

> "The possible implementations and return values have been modified
> in the Java 2 SDK, Standard Edition, version 1.3 to accommodate
> the option of continuing to proccess commands in a batch update
> after a BatchUpdateException obejct has been thrown. "

Unfortunately, the combination of these two requirements with the
fact that the PostgreSQL driver supports JDK 1.2 or higher means
that this option must not be allowed.  We'd have to require a Java
version from this century to support that.  Maybe it's time to think
about that, but we would need to commit to that before we could move
to the behavior you want.

-Kevin