Re: Wal archives building up in slave pg_xlog dir

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Wal archives building up in slave pg_xlog dir
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
[rearranged; please don't top-post]

Simon Luijk <simonluijk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 March 2011 at 22:16, Simon Luijk wrote:

>> I have a master slave setup that is on the most part working
>> smoothly. The logs are getting shipped to the slave, the slave is
>> requesting them and then applying them.
>>
>> The problem is that the logs are building up in the pg_xlog dir
>> and not overwriting. I do have archive_mode on in postgresql.conf
>> so when the slave needs to come online as the new primary it
>> start shipping its logs. Is this setting effecting recovery mode
>> too?

> I have turned archive_mode off on the slave. At first I thought
> this solved it but the logs are still building up. Could anyone
> shed some light on why the logs are building up in pg_xlog?

Are they building up in the location your master's archive script
puts them, or in the slave's pg_xlog directory.  (Those should not
be the same place.)

If you run pg_controldata against the slave's data directory, does
it show progress in recovery?

-Kevin