Обсуждение: Wal archives building up in slave pg_xlog dir

Wal archives building up in slave pg_xlog dir

От
Simon Luijk
Дата:
I have a master slave setup that is on the most part working smoothly. The logs are getting
shipped to the slave, the slave is requesting them and then applying them.

The problem is that the logs are building up in the pg_xlog dir and not overwriting. I do have
archive_mode on in postgresql.conf so when the slave needs to come online as the new
primary it start shipping its logs. Is this setting effecting recovery mode too?

Thanks in advance
Simon

Re: Wal archives building up in slave pg_xlog dir

От
Simon Luijk
Дата:
So I have turned archive_mode off on the slave. At first I thought this solved it but
the logs are still building up. Could anyone shed some light on why the logs are building
up in pg_xlog?

Thank you
Simon

I have a master slave setup that is on the most part working smoothly. The logs are getting
shipped to the slave, the slave is requesting them and then applying them.

The problem is that the logs are building up in the pg_xlog dir and not overwriting. I do have
archive_mode on in postgresql.conf so when the slave needs to come online as the new
primary it start shipping its logs. Is this setting effecting recovery mode too?

Thanks in advance
Simon

Re: Wal archives building up in slave pg_xlog dir

От
"Kevin Grittner"
Дата:
[rearranged; please don't top-post]

Simon Luijk <simonluijk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 23 March 2011 at 22:16, Simon Luijk wrote:

>> I have a master slave setup that is on the most part working
>> smoothly. The logs are getting shipped to the slave, the slave is
>> requesting them and then applying them.
>>
>> The problem is that the logs are building up in the pg_xlog dir
>> and not overwriting. I do have archive_mode on in postgresql.conf
>> so when the slave needs to come online as the new primary it
>> start shipping its logs. Is this setting effecting recovery mode
>> too?

> I have turned archive_mode off on the slave. At first I thought
> this solved it but the logs are still building up. Could anyone
> shed some light on why the logs are building up in pg_xlog?

Are they building up in the location your master's archive script
puts them, or in the slave's pg_xlog directory.  (Those should not
be the same place.)

If you run pg_controldata against the slave's data directory, does
it show progress in recovery?

-Kevin