Re: cp1250 problem

От Jan-Peter Seifert
Тема Re: cp1250 problem
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello,

Am 15.02.2011 12:26, schrieb Achilleas Mantzios:
> Στις Tuesday 15 February 2011 12:44:31 ο/η Lukasz Brodziak έγραψε:
>> Hello,
>>
>> How can I set PostgreSQL locale and encoding to be pl_PL.cp1250 all I
>> can do is pl_PL.UTF-8.
>> I have PG 8.2.4 on Ubuntu 10.04 (polish version).

There are no code pages in Ubuntu. The nearest what you can get seems to
be encoding LATIN2 ( and a compatible locale ). These charsets are NOT
identical though.

> The locale for your whole cluster is defined in postgresql.conf.

Not really - LC_COLLATE and LC_CTYPE are set during initialization of
the cluster by initdb. You can verify the settings with pg_controldata:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/app-pgcontroldata.html

As of PostgreSQL v8.4 you can specify these two locale settings
different from the server's settings (for each database).
If you plan to upgrade your PostgreSQL major server version beware of
the removal of some implicit data type casts among other changes as of 8.3.

Peter

Сообщение: Re: Moving the data directory
Сообщение: Re: Moving the data directory