Re: possible memory leak in Server Status window

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: possible memory leak in Server Status window
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Le 07/02/2011 12:14, Julius Tuskenis a écrit :
> 2011.02.07 11:52, Guillaume Lelarge rašė:
>> Did you lower each report? because each individual report has its own
>> timer.
>>
> I'm sorry, I have only one report (Server status window). When you say
> "lower" do you mean "minimize" ? No, I have left it on screen. Or do you
> mean refresh interval? As I have single server status window, there is
> no window left with shorter interval.

There are a number of reports in the server status window. Each has
their own refresh interval.

> Could the answer be in Locks window? I noticed, that even when I set
> refresh interval to 10min, lock list is updated after the interval of
> approximately 1 minute. Is this expected behavior? And when having
> refresh interval = 10min the events of increase to VM become rare. If I
> hit refresh button - i can observe the increase.

You need to set specifically its refresh interval. But you may have
found the issue. I still need to look at the code.

> I still was not able to reproduce on other servers. Maybe it is related
> to the error we found Friday night in System log "The server was unable
> to allocate from the system nonpaged pool because the pool was empty." I
> tried to google - found an explanation that this could mean there is a
> memory leak in kernel or in drivers. Maybe something is wrong in
> system... This is the first time I encounter such a problem.

So do I.

--
Guillaume
 http://www.postgresql.fr