Re: creating and accessing temp table data inside a non-committed transaction

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: creating and accessing temp table data inside a non-committed transaction
Дата
Re: creating and accessing temp table data inside a non-committed transaction  (Leon Starr <leon_starr@modelint.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Leon Starr <leon_starr@modelint.com> wrote:

> The problem is that the values x, y and z are inserted into a
> permanent table Q early in the processing of my_func.  Then,
> several calls down in deep_func(), still inside my_func, I need to
> access the value of x.  I tried to do a select on Q to get the
> value, but I came up NULL! Guessing that is because the
> transaction hasn't committed yet since I am still inside my_func.
> Right?

I don't think so.  Any database changes made by a transaction should
be visible to that transaction.  When you say "several calls down in
deep_func()", you don't mean that you are in a BEFORE trigger
function, or a function called from a BEFORE trigger, do you?

Perhaps you could boil the issue down to a small self-contained
example of the issue?

-Kevin