Re: creating and accessing temp table data inside a non-committed transaction

От Leon Starr
Тема Re: creating and accessing temp table data inside a non-committed transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Ah!  That's what I had originally thought.  So, if what you are saying is true,
then I just have a bug of some sort.  I am NOT using any triggers.  It's just a
simple function with deeper function calls nested about 5 levels down.

To slightly rephrase:  Any database changes (inserts/updates) made by a transaction are visible
inside that transaction.  So if I do an insert inside a transaction and then later, within the same
transaction, do a select on the inserted row, I should select the data that I inserted.  Correct?

I will do my diagnostics with that in mind.  Thanks!

- Leon

On Jan 31, 2011, at 7:42 AM, Kevin Grittner wrote:

> Leon Starr <leon_starr@modelint.com> wrote:
>
>> The problem is that the values x, y and z are inserted into a
>> permanent table Q early in the processing of my_func.  Then,
>> several calls down in deep_func(), still inside my_func, I need to
>> access the value of x.  I tried to do a select on Q to get the
>> value, but I came up NULL! Guessing that is because the
>> transaction hasn't committed yet since I am still inside my_func.
>> Right?
>
> I don't think so.  Any database changes made by a transaction should
> be visible to that transaction.  When you say "several calls down in
> deep_func()", you don't mean that you are in a BEFORE trigger
> function, or a function called from a BEFORE trigger, do you?
>
> Perhaps you could boil the issue down to a small self-contained
> example of the issue?
>
> -Kevin

Сообщение: Re: creating and accessing temp table data inside a non-committed transaction
Сообщение: Re: creating and accessing temp table data inside a non-committed transaction