Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow
Дата
Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow
Список pgsql-performance
Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> wrote:

> There is a operating system which comes with a very decent extent
> based file system and a defragmentation tool, included in the OS.
> The file system is called "NTFS"

Been there, done that.  Not only was performance quite poor compared
to Linux, but reliability and staff time to manage things suffered
in comparison to Linux.

We had the luxury of identical hardware and the ability to load
balance a web site with millions of hits per day evenly between them
in both environments, as well as off-line saturation load testing.
At least for running a PostgreSQL database, my experience suggests
that the only reasonable excuse for running database on a Windows
server is that you're under a mandate from ill-informed managers to
do so.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow
Сообщение: Re: SELECT INTO large FKyed table is slow