Re: Old database format..

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Old database format..
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Anuj Pankaj <anujp@cybage.com> wrote:

> I had higher version of Postgres might be 8.1.9,but  I am not
> sure.
>
> Now I am trying to install Postgres 8.1.4, I installed all rpm,
> however
> If I try  to run the  server I am getting error below

> An old version of the database format was found.
>
> You need to upgrade the data format before using PostgreSQL.
>
> See /usr/share/doc/postgresql-8.1.4/README.rpm-dist for more
> information.

The short answer is that if you replaced 8.1.9 with 8.1.4 on the
same OS with the same build options, it should be able to fire up
against the existing database with the older, buggier software.
There's a lot you're not telling us, and somewhere in that missing
information would be the clue to why you're experiencing a problem
and how to fix it.  Please read this page and post again:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

-Kevin