Problem with pg_convert from 8.4 -> 9.0

От Karl Denninger
Тема Problem with pg_convert from 8.4 -> 9.0
Дата
Re: Problem with pg_convert from 8.4 -> 9.0  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
 Uh, is there a way around this problem?

$ bin/pg_upgrade -c -d /usr/local/pgsql-8.4/data -D data -b
/usr/local/pgsql-8.4/bin -B bin
Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking old data directory (/usr/local/pgsql-8.4/data)     ok
Checking old bin directory (/usr/local/pgsql-8.4/bin)       ok
Checking new data directory (data)                          ok
Checking new bin directory (bin)                            ok
Checking for reg* system oid user data types                fatal

| Your installation contains one of the reg* data types in
| user tables.  These data types reference system oids that
| are not preserved by pg_upgrade, so this cluster cannot
| currently be upgraded.  You can remove the problem tables
| and restart the migration.  A list of the problem columns
| is in the file:
|       /usr/local/pgsql/tables_using_reg.txt

$ more tables_using_reg.txt
Database:  marketticker
  public.pg_ts_dict.dict_init
  public.pg_ts_dict.dict_lexize
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_start
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_nexttoken
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_end
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_headline
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_lextype
Database:  ticker
  public.pg_ts_dict.dict_init
  public.pg_ts_dict.dict_lexize
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_start
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_nexttoken
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_end
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_headline
  public.pg_ts_parser.prs_lextype
$

These two databases use the full-text "Tsearch2" module.....  I can't
remove these tables either; they're marked "system" and even as a
superuser removing them is not permitted.

Does this mean that I have to dump and restore, and can't use convert?
If so that's a real bummer.....

-- Karl

Вложения