Re: Problem with pg_convert from 8.4 -> 9.0

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Problem with pg_convert from 8.4 -> 9.0
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karl Denninger wrote:
>  Uh, is there a way around this problem?
>
> $ bin/pg_upgrade -c -d /usr/local/pgsql-8.4/data -D data -b
> /usr/local/pgsql-8.4/bin -B bin
> Performing Consistency Checks
> -----------------------------
> Checking old data directory (/usr/local/pgsql-8.4/data)     ok
> Checking old bin directory (/usr/local/pgsql-8.4/bin)       ok
> Checking new data directory (data)                          ok
> Checking new bin directory (bin)                            ok
> Checking for reg* system oid user data types                fatal
>
> | Your installation contains one of the reg* data types in
> | user tables.  These data types reference system oids that
> | are not preserved by pg_upgrade, so this cluster cannot
> | currently be upgraded.  You can remove the problem tables
> | and restart the migration.  A list of the problem columns
> | is in the file:
> |       /usr/local/pgsql/tables_using_reg.txt
>
> $ more tables_using_reg.txt
> Database:  marketticker
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_init
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_lexize
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_start
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_nexttoken
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_end
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_headline
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_lextype
> Database:  ticker
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_init
>   public.pg_ts_dict.dict_lexize
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_start
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_nexttoken
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_end
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_headline
>   public.pg_ts_parser.prs_lextype
> $
>
> These two databases use the full-text "Tsearch2" module.....  I can't
> remove these tables either; they're marked "system" and even as a
> superuser removing them is not permitted.

I belive you are incorrect.  They are in the public schema so I am not
sure how they are "system".  They are prefixed with "pg_" but that
should not be a problem.

> Does this mean that I have to dump and restore, and can't use convert?
> If so that's a real bummer.....

Usually I tell folks to dump/delete/reload those tables and use
pg_upgrade for everything else, as the error message suggests.