Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo
Дата
Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Elvis Pranskevichus <el@prans.net> wrote:
> Here's a quick and easy way to move dev history to a new repo:
>
> $ cd postgresql.old
> $ git checkout yourbranch
>
> # stream your commits into a "patch mailbox"
> $ git format-patch --stdout master..HEAD > patches.mbox
>
> # switch to the new repo
> $ cd ../postgresql
>
> # create a branch if not already
> $ git checkout -b yourbranch
>
> # apply the "patch mailbox"
> $ git am ../postgresql.old/patches.mbox
>
> That should do the trick.  Your dev history will be kept.
Thanks for the recipe.  (And thanks to all others who responded.)
That still leaves me wondering how I get that out to my public git
repo without someone resetting it on the server.  Or do I have the
ability to clean out the old stuff at:
ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/users/kgrittn/postgres.git
so that I can push the result of the above to it cleanly?
-Kevin

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: What happened to the is_ family of functions proposal?
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo