Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 21/09/10 21:01, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> That still leaves me wondering how I get that out to my public git
> repo without someone resetting it on the server.  Or do I have the
> ability to clean out the old stuff at:
>
> ssh://git@git.postgresql.org/users/kgrittn/postgres.git
>
> so that I can push the result of the above to it cleanly?

git push --force allows you to push the new branches over the old ones.

I don't think it will automatically garbage collect the old stuff
though, so the repository will be bloated until "git gc" runs (with
--aggressive or something, not sure). I don't know when or how that
happens in the public repos.