Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Basically, AIUI, you have to move the old repo aside and freshly
> clone the new repo.
I was assuming that, but it's good to have confirmation.  What about
my repo at
http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=users/kgrittn/postgres.git ?
Can that be reset to a copy of the new repo?  (Or is that not really
beneficial?)
> I haven't migrated my development trees yet, but I'm planning on
> simply applying a diff from the old repo to a newly created branch
> in the new repo. However, that does mean losing the private commit
> history.
Yeah, I'd really rather not lose that.
> I'm not sure much can be done about that, unless you migrate each
> commit separately, which could be painful.
Perhaps.  I might be able to use grep and sed to script it, though.
Right now I think I'd be alright to just pick off commits where the
committer was myself or Dan Ports.  My bash-fu is tolerably good for
such purposes.
> Maybe some of the git gurus have better ideas, though.
I'm all ears.  ;-)
-Kevin

От: Aidan Van Dyk
Сообщение: Re: moving development branch activity to new git repo
От: Dan S
Сообщение: Re: Serializable snapshot isolation error logging