Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Yeah, exactly.  I think that the current tradeoff is just fine.
> If you want SQL-standard behavior, pick SQL-standard constraint
> names, and there you are.

I see that as the crux if it -- the current implementation *allows*
standard-conforming behavior, even though it doesn't *enforce*
conforming naming.  The proposed alternative does not allow
standard-conforming behavior.  If you're going to use something
which is PostgreSQL-specific, you may as well write your own views
or use the "native" tables and views directly.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Сообщение: Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS