Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Дата
Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr> writes:
>> Note that (2) fails for long names; you have to do something to
>> compress to NAMEDATALEN.

> Indeed.

> What if the type is changed to TEXT? It is just a view after all.
> How important is it to stick to "sql_identifier"?

It's a view defined by the SQL standard, and one of the properties
defined by the standard is the type of that column.

> Well, one must choose between to evil:

Yeah, exactly.  I think that the current tradeoff is just fine.
If you want SQL-standard behavior, pick SQL-standard constraint names,
and there you are.

Сообщение: Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS
Сообщение: Re: issue about information_schema REFERENTIAL_CONSTRAINTS