Re: psql - password authentication failed for user "singh09721"

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: psql - password authentication failed for user "singh09721"
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Gaurav Singh <singh09721@itc.nl> wrote:

> The Postgres server is up and running but when I call psql it
> gives fatal error saying "password authentication failed for user
> singh09721".

You are probably not specifying a database user ID for psql to use,
so it is defaulting to your OS login ID.  Do you get in if you try?:

psql postgres postgres

You might want to browse through the documentation:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/index.html

-Kevin