Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory

От Markus Wanner
Тема Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 08/09/2010 08:33 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Robert Haas wrote:
>> You probably wouldn't do either of those things.  You'd just allocate
>> small chunks here and there for whatever you need them for.
>
> Well, then we do that with shared memory then --- my point is that it is
> the same problem with threads or processes.

That's what my patch allows you to do, yes. Currently you are bound to
pre-allocate shared memory at startup. Or how would you allocate small
chunks from shared memory at the moment?

Regards

Markus

Сообщение: Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory
Сообщение: Re: dynamically allocating chunks from shared memory