Re: Re: [HACKERS] ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname

От Boszormenyi Zoltan
Тема Re: Re: [HACKERS] ECPG dynamic cursor fix for UPDATE/DELETE ... WHERE CURRENT OF :curname
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera írta:
> Excerpts from Michael Meskes's message of jue ago 05 05:39:46 -0400 2010:
>
>> Sorry I thought Zoltan's explanation was clear enough. All prior ECPG versions were fine because dynamic cursor
nameswere only added in 9.0. Apparently only this one place was missed. So this is a bug in the new feature, however
notsuch a major one that it warrants the complete removal IMO. I'd prefer to fix this in 9.0.1.

> Since we're still in the beta phase, it makes sense to apply the fix
> right now so that it appears in 9.0.  No point in waiting for 9.0.1.

It boils down to the fact that Michael doesn't have too much time
and no one else knows ECPG in depth. So...