Re: locating cities within a radius of another

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: locating cities within a radius of another
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 7/21/2010 8:01 AM, Geoffrey wrote:
> We need to locate all cities within a certain distance of a single city.
> We have longitude and latitude data for all cities. I was thinking
> postGIS was a viable solution, but I don't see a way to use our existing
> data via postGIS.
>
> Is postGIS a viable solution, or should I be looking at a different
> approach? Thanks for any suggestions or RTFM pointers.

I'd say PostGIS is a great option.

Did you try:

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.5/ST_Distance_Sphere.html

or do you mean, how do I turn my lat, long columns into a geomentry column?

-Andy

От: Craig Ringer
Сообщение: Re: "parameterized views" or return-type-inferring SQL functions?