Re: locating cities within a radius of another

От Paul Ramsey
Тема Re: locating cities within a radius of another
Дата
Список pgsql-general
create table cities (
  geog geography,
  name varchar,
  id integer primary key
);

insert into cities
  select
    Geography(ST_SetSRID(ST_MakePoint(lon, lat),4326)) as geog,
    name, id
  from mytable;

create index cities_gix on cities using gist ( geog );

select st_distance(a.geog, b.geog), b.name
from cities a, cities b
where a.name = 'New York';