Re: Finding last checkpoint time

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Finding last checkpoint time
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Devrim GÜNDÜZ wrote:
> Is there a way to find last checkpoint time via SQL command? I know I
> can grep xlogs by turning on log_checkpoints, but I'd prefer an SQL
> solution.

Not directly.  Best you can do without linking in new server code is
either import the logs via CVS to get them into a table, or shell out
and look at what comes out of pg_controldata.

There have been two works in progress to improve this situation that
didn't make it through to commit yet.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2008-04/msg00079.php tried
to expose just that bit of data and was shot down for a number of
reasons, from accuracy concerns to the UI used.  The still pending one
at
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/4B959D7A.6010907@joeconway.com
just adds a SQL interface to what comes out of pg_controldata.  You
might prefer to use something like that to calling the shell to parse
the output from the utility, if you don't mind adding something new to
the server code.