Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server

От Iwao Shikase
Тема Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server
Дата
Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server  ("J. Roeleveld" <joost@antarean.org>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi  Roeleveld-san,

Thank you for your advice. But My purpose is to test PostgreSQL
which data cluster is in NFS server.
As your says, Cluster Filesystem is one of answer of sharing files.
But my company still want to use NFS server. So I want to know
how to use PostgreSQL using NFS.

By the way,The manual says, "if possible, mount NFS file systems synchronously (without caching) to avoid this".

I want to know  what means synchronously with out caching.
In other word, which NFS options we must use follwoing the manual.
sync ? or noac ? or both ?

Thank you ,
Iwao Shikase