Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server

От J. Roeleveld
Тема Re: The case of PostgreSQL on NFS Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Thursday 24 June 2010 06:42:52 Iwao Shikase wrote:
> Hi
>
> This is shikase.
> I have a question about PostgreSQL on NFS Server as follows.
> Please let me know advice about that. If I posted the wrong mailing-list,
> please let me know.

Why not use a real Cluster Filesystem?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clustered_file_system

NFS is nice for sharing files between multiple systems, but most server
products specifically mention it is not compatible with file sharing protocols
like NFS/CIFS/....

--
J. Roeleveld