Re: Fatal Error during PITR Recovery

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Fatal Error during PITR Recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Gnanakumar"  wrote:

> If I would like to upgrade to the latest minor version in 8.2.x
> series, that is v8.2.17, how do I upgrade this [from 8.2.3 on
> CentOS] without doing dump/restore?  Links/documentation on this
> are appreciated.

From the PostgreSQL home page there is a link to:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2-17.html

Which contains a migration section, saying this:

| A dump/restore is not required for those running 8.2.X. However, if
| you are upgrading from a version earlier than 8.2.14, see the
| release notes for 8.2.14.

The migration section of:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2-14.html

says:

| A dump/restore is not required for those running 8.2.X. However, if
| you have any hash indexes on interval columns, you must REINDEX
| them after updating to 8.2.14. Also, if you are upgrading from a
| version earlier than 8.2.11, see the release notes for 8.2.11.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2-11.html

says:

| A dump/restore is not required for those running 8.2.X. However, if
| you are upgrading from a version earlier than 8.2.7, see the
| release notes for 8.2.7. Also, if you were running a previous 8.2.X
| release, it is recommended to REINDEX all GiST indexes after the
| upgrade.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/release-8-2-7.html

says:

| A dump/restore is not required for those running 8.2.X. However,
| you might need to REINDEX indexes on textual columns after
| updating, if you are affected by the Windows locale issue described
| below.

Since you're not running Windows, that last one does not affect you;
so, after stopping the server under 8.2.3 and starting it with
8.2.17, you need to rebuild any GiST indexes and rebuild any hash
indexes on interval columns.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: Fatal Error during PITR Recovery
Сообщение: Re: Fatal Error during PITR Recovery