Re: Fatal Error during PITR Recovery

От Gnanakumar
Тема Re: Fatal Error during PITR Recovery
Список pgsql-admin

Gnanam

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us]
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 9:27 PM
To: gnanam@zoniac.com
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Fatal Error during PITR Recovery

"Gnanakumar" <gnanam@zoniac.com> writes:
> My production is running PostgreSQL v8.2.3 on CentOS release 5.2 (Final).

> As part of our routine, we just wanted to make sure and practice once in a
> while, whether PITR recovery process is performed without fail.  When I
> started the recovery process, after sometime, I see the following error in
> the serverlog.

> []:2010-06-09 04:44:59 EDTLOG:  could not fsync segment 0 of relation
> 1663/169462/252056: No such file or directory
> []:2010-06-09 04:44:59 EDTCONTEXT:  xlog redo checkpoint: redo
13/3FE33EB0;
> undo 0/0; tli 1; xid 0/331456443; oid 256783; multi 337; offset 676;
online
> []:2010-06-09 04:44:59 EDTFATAL:  storage sync failed on magnetic disk: No
> such file or directory

This is probably a bug we fixed in 8.2.4:

    * src/backend/commands/dbcommands.c (REL8_2_STABLE): Cancel pending
    fsync requests during WAL replay of DROP DATABASE, per bug report
    from David Darville.  Back-patch as far as 8.1, which may or may
    not have the problem but it seems a safe change anyway.

You really ought to be running a less ancient minor release of PG --- 8.2.x
is up to 8.2.17.  Your OS sounds a bit long in the tooth as well.