Re: Performance tuning for postgres

От: Kevin Grittner
Тема: Re: Performance tuning for postgres
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Performance tuning for postgres  (Yogesh Naik, )
 Re: Performance tuning for postgres  ("Kevin Grittner", )
  Re: Performance tuning for postgres  (Michael Gould, )
   Re: Performance tuning for postgres  (Bryan Hinton, )
 Re: Performance tuning for postgres  (Robert Haas, )

Yogesh Naik <> wrote:

> I am performing a DB insertion and update for 3000+ records and
> while doing so i get CPU utilization to 100% with 67% of CPU used
> by postgres....
>
> I have also done optimization on queries too...
>
> Is there any way to optimized the CPU utilization for postgres....

We'd need a lot more information before we could make useful
suggestions.  Knowing something about your hardware, OS, exact
PostgreSQL version, postgresql.conf contents, the table definition,
any foreign keys or other constraints, and exactly how you're doing
the inserts would all be useful.  Please read this and repost:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin