Re: tuning auto vacuum for highly active tables

От Szu-Ching Peckner
Тема Re: tuning auto vacuum for highly active tables
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
we ran into the same problem, had big table, played with vacuum cost and
delay, but can't shrink too much because of heavy insert and delete.
we ended up with using slony for upgrade, also have data copy from fresh
because of inital replication to shrink our large table, with minimum
controlled downtime.

Bhella Paramjeet-PFCW67 wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> We have a postgres database in which couple of tables get bloated due
> to heavy inserts and deletes. Auto vacuum is running. My question is
>  how can I make auto vacuum more aggressive? I am thinking of enabling
> autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay and autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit
> parameters. Can anyone suggest how to calculate the appropriate values
> for these parameters and if there are any side effects of enabling
> these parameters.    Any help will be highly appreciated.
>

> Thanks
>
> Paramjeet Kaur

Сообщение: Re: tuning auto vacuum for highly active tables
Сообщение: Re: tuning auto vacuum for highly active tables