tuning auto vacuum for highly active tables

От Bhella Paramjeet-PFCW67
Тема tuning auto vacuum for highly active tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

Hi All,

We have a postgres database in which couple of tables get bloated due to heavy inserts and deletes. Auto vacuum is running. My question is  how can I make auto vacuum more aggressive? I am thinking of enabling autovacuum_vacuum_cost_delay and autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit parameters. Can anyone suggest how to calculate the appropriate values for these parameters and if there are any side effects of enabling these parameters.    Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Paramjeet Kaur