Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions

Список
Период
Сортировка
От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Дерево обсуждения
mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Corin, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Kenneth Marshall, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Thom Brown, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Stephen Frost, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Magnus Hagander, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Arjen van der Meijden, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Ivan Voras, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dimitri Fontaine, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Andy Colson, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Ross J. Reedstrom", )
   Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Tom Lane, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
     Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Greg Smith, )
      Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Hannu Krosing, )
       Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (James Mansion, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
         Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
          Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Yeb Havinga, )
        Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Bruce Momjian, )
         Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Thom Brown, )
          Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Ross J. Reedstrom", )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
  Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Merlin Moncure, )
   Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Dave Crooke, )
 Re: mysql to postgresql, performance questions  (Chris Browne, )
On Wed, 2010-03-24 at 09:55 +0100, Yeb Havinga wrote:
> Greg Smith wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> So has anyone looked at porting MythTV to PG?
> >>

> > Periodically someone hacks together something that works, last big
> > effort I'm aware of was in 2006, and then it bit rots away.  I'm sure
> > we'd get some user uptake on the result--MySQL corruption is one of
> > the top ten cause of a MythTV system crashing.
> It would be the same with PG, unless the pg cluster configuration with
> mythtv would come with a properly configured WAL - I had corrupted
> tables (and a personal wiki entry  (the other mysql database in my
> house) *only* when I sometimes took the risk of not shutting down the
> machine properly when e.g. the remote was missing).

Pulling the plug should not corrupt a postgreSQL database, unless it was
using disks which lie about write caching.

Now need for WAL replica for that

--
Hannu Krosing   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com
PostgreSQL Scalability and Availability