Re: Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

> I agree with this postgres policy, but what I don’t is that you can
> INSERT them via application. That is, no bad characters should be
> inserted into database. The check should be made for both import and
> insert procedures so no bad chars would appear into database.

Could you please tell us which PostgreSQL version you are currently
using? Also it would be useful to know:

* which is your database encoding?
* which is the client_encoding setting you are using?

In general, what you are saying suggests me that you are using the
SQL_ASCII encoding at some stage in your session (either on the server
side or the client side).

However, before I go on, please answer the above questions.

Thanks,
Gabriele

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia
 gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

От: Scott Mead
Сообщение: Re: Store database users in custom table
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database