Re: Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database

От Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Тема Re: Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Postgresql version: 8.1.13 (8.1.13-0etch1)
database encoding: UTF-8.
client_encoding: default, that is, it's no set at php level.

However, pg_client_encoding returns "UTF8" as client encoding.

Thank you, Gabriele.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it>
To: Iñigo Martinez Lasala <imartinez@vectorsf.com>
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 22:50:42 +0100

Hi,

> I agree with this postgres policy, but what I don’t is that you can
> INSERT them via application. That is, no bad characters should be
> inserted into database. The check should be made for both import and
> insert procedures so no bad chars would appear into database.

Could you please tell us which PostgreSQL version you are currently
using? Also it would be useful to know:

* which is your database encoding?
* which is the client_encoding setting you are using?

In general, what you are saying suggests me that you are using the
SQL_ASCII encoding at some stage in your session (either on the server
side or the client side).

However, before I go on, please answer the above questions.

Thanks,
Gabriele

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Disparity between 8.1.18 and 8.2.14 performance wise
От: Iñigo Martinez Lasala
Сообщение: Re: Bad encoded chars in being inserted into database