Re: Getting to beta1

От Greg Smith
Тема Re: Getting to beta1
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Maybe some more admin level tutorial would be great to have too, such as
> how to find what's locking, how to monitor table and index usage to
> determine which indexes to drop, which to create, how to monitor
> <things> (slaves lag, hitratio, transactions, I/U/D activity, you name
> it).

Wow, that's at least one order of magnitude more ambitious than the
actual scope of work on the docs that should be getting focused on for
beta right now, perhaps two.  Regardless, I already have stubs for the
first couple of these sitting on the wiki at
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:Administration (locks,
monitoring).  I know I'd rather see work done on those, where we can
continue to improve without doc commits and easily make things available
for all versions, until that content is good.  Maybe then we can talk
about merging some of that back into the main docs.